What is ETA?
How Our Program Works
NCA’s program offers experienced executives a structured opportunity to become Entrepreneurs through acquisition, supported by a powerful in-house team of legal and business experts.
What do we look for?
Interested in applying?
Our Co-Founder Elena shares key attributes of NCA Entrepreneurs in this video. Make sure you also:
- Have 1-3 defined target industries and sectors
- Have target industry experience, a network, and transferable skills
- Meet target geography language and living requirements
Selection & onboarding process
- Read and review the program description beforehand
- Prepare your questions about the program, selection process, and the NCA team
- Prepare your search industries/sectors and target geography
Where we invest
We are industry agnostic, but all program participants must have 1-3 focus industries/sectors and relevant industry experience.
- Main Company Criteria
- Sector Characteristics
- Your Search Industry
- Your Search Geography
- Located in north america or europe
- EBITDA in the range of EUR 1-5 million
- Enterprise Value in the range of EUR 5-50 million
- Recurring revenues
- Profitable with positive cash flows
- Ability to achieve full control through purchase
- Space for operational improvement and/or revenue expansion
- 4-6 X Ebitda
- Stable or growing
- Eur 1-5 million ebitda margins
- Barriers to entry
- Defensible market position
- Fragmented industries
- Asset light
- 1-3 DEFINED TARGET INDUSTRIES/SECTORS + 3-4 OPPORTUNISTIC INDUSTRIES/SECTORS
- YOU HAVE 10+ YEARS INDUSTRY-RELEVANT EXPERIENCE, A NETWORK, AND TRANSFERABLE SKILLS
- THE NUMBER OF COMPANIES IN YOUR SEARCH INDUSTRY/GEOGRAPHY ≈2,000+ WITH SUB-SECTORS OF ≈1,000+ COMPANIES
- YOU MUST BE FLUENT IN THE LOCAL LANGUAGE(S) OF YOUR SEARCH REGION
- YOU MUST HAVE 5+ YEARS EXPERIENCE LIVING & WORKING IN YOUR CHOSEN REGION
- YOU MUST HAVE A LOCAL NETWORK
- YOU MUST HAVE THE HIGHEST STANDARDS OF PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL ETHICS
- YOU MUST HAVE A GOOD UNDERSTANDING OF LOCAL BUSINESS CULTURE & ETIQUETTE
Want to know more?
Register below to download our Q&A presentation deck and to keep in touch with us.
Meet our talent acquisition team
Our team supports Entrepreneurs right from the beginning and guarantees a fair assessment of all candidates.
VP Talent Acquisition
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Talent Acquisition Specialist
meet our support team
NCA’s program is powered by a wide range of specialists, analysts, and advisors that make the Entrepreneur journey as seamless and successful as possible. Find out how we support our Entrepreneurs during their journey:
Candidates may apply at any time however applications are only reviewed by NCA 4 times per year. Each selection cycle takes approximately 3 months + another 3-4 months dedicated to the onboarding process.
Month 1: Selection
Applications are received and reviewed by the NCA team. Applicants can register for Q&A sessions with other candidates to best prepare their application. Candidates receive reading material and an invitation to record a 1-way video to complete their profile.
Month 2: Selection
Selected candidates are invited to an Orientation Call, a zoom interview with NCA’s Global VP of Talent Acquisition, and a zoom “Open House” webinar. If selected to continue, candidates are also given 5 days to complete a business case assignment.
Month 3: Selection
Candidates are given sample legal documentation in order to familiarize themselves with the legal framework of NCA's program. After addressing any legal questions in a Q&A webinar, candidates are then invited to a video call with NCA Partners. Following those calls, selected candidates will then be invited to the NCA Assessment Center to present their pitch and, if selected to continue, will work with NCA to further develop their business case.
Month 4: Onboarding Begins
Onboarding begins for selected candidates (the duration of this phase depends on the searcher’s availability). This phase encompasses preparation of a PPM, a website, and marketing materials. Candidates will also be introduced to the NCA Investor Relations Team, who support candidates in the Unit Sale process.
Month 5-6: Fundraising + Final Onboarding Steps
This phase includes fundraising, the signature of Legal Documents, and Capital Calls. The duration of this phase varies, but candidates should activate their own networks as early as possible to fulfill their obligation of bringing at least 1 co-investor to their cap table. Once the Search Capital is raised, the candidate is admitted into the program and begins the “search phase,” which can last up to 24 months.
Get to know our current Searching Entrepreneurs and the CEOs who have successfully completed our ETA program.